Butternut Squash Casserole
1 Butternut Squash
1 medium Onion
1-2 ribs of Celery
1-2 cloves of Garlic
3-4 slices of Bread
3-4 TB Butter
Spices -- 1 tsp of one or a mixture of the following: Thyme, Parsley, Rosemary, or Sage
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Peel and cube the squash
2. Steam it just until you can stick a fork in it.
3. Cube the bread slices
4. In a frying pan, over medium heat, melt the butter
5. Saute the diced onions, celery and garlic in the butter
6. Add spices and salt and pepper
7. Throw the bread in the pan with the onion mixture. Mix everything together and coat with butter.
8. In a baking dish, put the steamed squash on the bottom and cover with the bread and onion mixture.
9. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes covered and 20 minutes uncovered.