Asparagus & Pasta with Fresh Tomato Sauce
1/2 pound of pasta (whatever you like or whatever is in your pantry)
1 bunch asparagus
2-3 TB butter or olive oil
juice of 1/2 a lemon
Hard Cheese for grating (parmesean, asiago, etc)
Chopped herbs (Parsley or Rosemary or Mint or Oregano, whatever you like!)
For the Sauce:
3 ripe Tomatoes
2 cloves garlic (or green garlic or garlic scapes)
2-3 green onions (use the whole thing)
Sea Salt, Pepper
1. Make the Sauce: Dice the tomatoes, garlic and green onion. Toss together with sea salt and black pepper. I used about 1/2 tsp. salt. Use enough to bring out the juices in the tomatoes, but not so much that it is overly salty.
Let sit while you make the rest of the meal.
2. Cook Pasta in salted water according to the directions on the box.
3. Cut asparagus into bite sized pieces and steam lightly (about 2-3 minutes)
4. When pasta and asparagus are both cooked, heat butter or olive oil in a frying pan. Toss in the asparagus and brown it for a minute or 2. Add the cooked pasta and lemon juice. Mix it all together.
5. Serve the pasta. Top with fresh sauce, cheese and herbs.