Judy Lessler, Harland Creek Farm
1 lb Swiss chard
1 C parsley, loosely packed
3 garlic-curls trimmed or 1 clove garlic
1 lb ground beef
1/2 C fresh oregano, loosely packed (optional)
1. Clean chard, remove stems, and cut in 2 inch pieces.
2. Place in pot of salted boiling water and cook 5 minutes.
3. Coarsely chop greens, add to boiling water, cook 3-5 additional minutes.
4. Drain, run under cool water, and squeeze water out.
5. In food processor, mince parsley, scallions, garlic-curls, and oregano.
6. Add cooked chard and process until smooth.
7. Mix with ground beef and Parmesan cheese.
8. Form meatballs and cook in a little olive oil.
These can be served as an appetizer or mixed with a tomato sauce for pasta.