SNAP/EBT at the Durham Farmers’ Market
We are committed to increasing access to local and fresh food for ALL families and individuals in our community. In 2014, the Durham Farmers’ Market started accepting SNAP/ EBT benefits. With 50,000 SNAP/EBT customers in Durham and 5800 living within 3 miles of the Market, we are excited to be able to offer fresh, healthy food to more of our community and create a larger consumer base at our market.
Additionally, we offer a Double Bucks Program that matches SNAP transactions dollar for dollar, up to $10. This program is available every week during market hours, and will continue until funds are exhausted. To learn more about this program and how you can help by donating, see the “Double Bucks” section!
Have SNAP? Here is how it works:
1. Decide how much to spend at the market.
2. Come to the information table in the center of the Pavilion by the bathrooms.
3. Tell a person working at the information table how much you want to spend.
The person will swipe your card and give you $1 wooden tokens to spend at the
market. They will also match what you spend, up to $10, in Double Bucks
tokens. Spend $10 and get $20 to spend at the market!
4. Use tokens at any stand that has a SNAP/EBT sign or is listed on the SNAP/EBT Vendors list in the yellow sidebar. No change can be given.
5. You can save your tokens and spend them on other days. They never expire! Durham Farmers’ Market tokens can only be spent at our market.
What can I buy using SNAP/EBT at the Durham Farmers’ Market?
breads and cereals
fruits and vegetables
meats, fish and chicken, eggs, and milk products
vegetable and fruit plants and seeds