We are sure you’ll have a great time at the Durham Farmers’ Market, but we thought we’d share a few tips that can help ensure the best possible experience:
- Even though we now have a roof over our heads, the market is an outdoor event, so you can expect all kinds of weather, from early-morning frost to blazing heat, so dress accordingly.
- Don’t get dehydrated! There is always fresh water available in the Pavilion's bathrooms. If you need a cup, don't hesitate to ask for one at the Market's info table.
- Parking is available in the Measurement, Inc. lot just above the market (where the market used to be held) as well as in the lots on Foster Street and on Corporation Street at the Old Ballpark.
- Sturdy shopping bags or baskets will help you carry your purchases back to your car, and we recommend something with a shoulder strap to free up your hands. After all, you’re going to want to use those hands to pick out exactly the produce you want.
- No pets in the Market, please! We know you love your doggies, but we ask you not bring them into the Market. There is plenty of space outside the Market area in Durham Central Park to socialize with your four-legged friends!
- Small bills make it easy for the vendors to give you change. Bringing along a few coins doesn’t hurt either.
- Just in case you forget to bring cash with you, there is now an ATM at the Market! A portion of the ATM fee goes directly to support the EBT/SNAP program which will be implemented in early 2014.
The busiest times of the Saturday Market are between 9:30am and 11:30am. Get there early for the best selection (especially if you have something in particular you really want), or come after 11:00 to avoid the rush.
- Don't like the hustle and bustle of the Saturday Market? The Wednesday Market is very laid back and has a very similar selection to the Saturday Market plus some special treats only found on Wednesdays.
- Ask plenty of questions: How is it grown? How do you cook it? Who has a certain kind of product? Our vendors love getting to know their customers and are happy to share details about their goods. If you have a question that a specific vendor can’t answer, just go to the Manager’s table in the middle of the pavilion. We’re here to help.
Durham Farmers' Market - PO Box 1903, Durham, NC 27702-1903 (919) 667-3099
Webhosting by RDUonline.com | Sitemap