School’s almost out and we’re all looking forward to summer adventures. Our favorite spring produce will only be around for a little while longer so savor the flavors of this special time of the year before new produce starts arriving in the upcoming weeks. We challenge you to make a salad with only ingredients from the farmers’ market this week. With so many veggies to choose from, this will be easy! And you can still sweeten up your salad with some of the last strawberries of the season!
Running of the Bulls 8K Race
The 11th annual Running of the Bulls 8K is happening THIS Saturday, June 1. This is an 8-kilometer road race that starts at 7:15 am on Foster Street and Seminary near the Durham Farmers’ Market and finishes with a lap of the warning track inside the historic Durham Athletic Park. A course map that details all roads that will be impacted can be found here.
There will be some road closures and delays along the race course that will occur between 7:15-8:20 am on Saturday, June 1. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience that this may cause and hope that this will allow you to plan in advance if you need to reach Durham Central Park that morning. There is a 15 minute per mile time limit for participants, and the anticipated time-of-use for impacted roadways is detailed below.
Thank you, in advance, for your understanding and support. If there are any questions, please contact us.
Anticipated Time-of-Use for Impacted Roadways
- Start Area: Foster St. and Seminary St. (6:00-7:20AM)
- Mile 1: Main St to Buchanan Blvd (7:15-7:30AM)
- Mile 2: Buchanan Blvd to Watt St. & Trinity Ave (7:20-7:45AM)
- Mile 3: Trinity Ave to Washington St & Morris St (7:25-8:00AM)
- Mile 4: Morris St to Downtown & Ramseur St (7:30-8:15AM)
- Mile 5: Downtown & Main St to Morris St. & Corporation St. (7:35-8:30AM)
Saturday, June 15
- Chat with the Master Gardeners from 8 am-noon.
Wednesdays: June 19 through August 14
- Calling all kiddos! Join us every Wednesday afternoon for the Sprouts Kid’s Club. After you complete a free activity, you’ll earn $3 in Sprouts Club Bucks to spend on fresh fruits and veggies. We can’t wait to see you at the market!
Saturday, July 13
- Mark your calendars for Tomato Day – it’s always one of the highlights of our year!