We are located at the Pavilion at Durham Central Park. See a map & directions. Below are our hours:
- Main Season Market: Saturdays from 8 am-12 pm (April 3 – November 20, 2021)
- Mid-Week Market: Wednesdays from 3-6 pm (May 5 – September 29, 2021)
- Winter Market: Saturdays from 10 am-12 pm (December 5 – March 27, 2021)
- Thanksgiving Market: Tuesday November 23rd from 3-5 pm (the market is closed the Saturday following Thanksgiving, November 27, 2021)
We understand you are excited to see your favorite vendors and we want to make sure you’ll be able to find them along with all of the food and plants you have on your list. We will be shuffling some vendors around during the upcoming weeks to ensure we all have a safe market experience. Please be patient. We will have maps with staff to help you find your vendors. We ask that you walk in one direction ONLY from the entrance to the exit as you shop. Simply take your time so you do not need to double back around or re-enter the market. Please pre-order and prepay as much as possible during this time. We thought we’d share a few tips that can help ensure the best possible experience and update you on some changes that we have put into place for your safety:
- Even though we have a roof over our heads, the market is an outdoor event, so you can expect all kinds of weather, from early-morning frost to blazing heat, so dress accordingly.
- Double your SNAP/EBT card benefits at the market! Come to the info table and a staff member will assist you with our ‘Double Bucks’ program.
- The public restrooms at the Pavilion are currently closed to customers due to COVID-19 safety protocols issued by Durham County. Please use the hand washing stations located at the entrance and exit to the market.
- On Saturdays, you can park in the lot on Foster Street and on Corporation Street or at the Old Ballpark. You can park at the Measurement lot above the market but you will not be able to enter the market from the Measurement Lot using the garden stairways above the market with new safety protocols in place.
- Handicapped parking spots are available right outside the Pavilion entrance.
- Our Green Recycle Tree is on holiday. We hope it can return one day in the future.
- With the news that dogs are able to catch COVID-19, only CERTIFIED SERVICE ANIMALS (not emotional support animals) will be permitted into the market area.
- We ask that you respect our barricades, flagging and free spaces allotted for customer lines and staff monitoring.
- Small bills make it easy for the vendors to give you change. But please try to preorder and prepay for items to avoid using cash or credit cards at the market.
- Please avoid the use of coins at this time.
- Just in case you forget to bring cash with you, there is an ATM at the market.
- Our Main Season begins at 8am and runs until 12 noon. Early entrance for browsing and shopping is not available at this time with new safety protocols.
- The busiest times of the Saturday Main Season Market are typically between 9:30-11:00 am. The market will be monitoring the number of customers inside the market space to ensure adequate space is provided for each customer to move around safely.
- You may be required to wait in line to enter the market so we suggest that you preorder and prepay as much of your shopping list as possible.
- Shoppers will be required to wear a face mask for entry to the market and respect the 6′ of spacing between other shoppers, vendors and staff.
- The Wednesday Market is closed currently due to COVID-19. Please check back for updates.
- We know you have loads of questions, but during this time, please try to find a staff member to ask or use email to contact your favorite vendors as we try to move customers through the market safely and quickly.