We are located at the Pavilion at Durham Central Park. See a map & directions. Below are our hours:
- Main Season Market: Saturdays from 8 am-12 pm (April 6 – November 23, 2019)
- Mid-Week Market: Wednesday from 3-6 pm (April 17 – October 9, 2019)
- Winter Market: Saturdays from 10 am-12 pm (December 7, 2019 – March 28, 2020)
- Thanksgiving Market: Tuesday November 26th from 3-6 pm (the market is closed the Saturday following Thanksgiving)
We are sure you’ll have a great time at the Durham Farmers’ Market and we thought we’d share a few tips that can help ensure the best possible experience:
- Even though we have a roof over our heads, the market is an outdoor event, so you can expect all kinds of weather, from early-morning frost to blazing heat, so dress accordingly.
- Double your SNAP/EBT card benefits at the market! Come to the info table located in the center of the Pavilion and a staff member will assist you with our ‘Double Bucks’ program.
- Don’t get dehydrated! During warmer days fresh water available at the Info Desks in a large cooler. The public bathrooms in the Pavilion also have fresh water.
- On Saturdays, FREE parking is available in the Measurement Inc. lot just above the market (where the market used to be held) and in the lots on Foster Street and on Corporation Street at the Old Ballpark as well as on-street parking. Handicapped parking spots are available right outside the Pavilion entrance.
- Don’t forget to bring your bags but if you forget, we have a Green Recycle Tree at the Info Desk where you can grab a bag or bring a bag to recycle. Sturdy shopping bags or baskets will help you carry your purchases back to your car and we recommend something with a shoulder strap to free up your hands. After all, you’re going to want to use those hands to pick out exactly the produce you want.
- Health codes restrict us from allowing pets in the market place. There is plenty of space outside the vendor areas in Durham Central Park to socialize with your four-legged friends! We ask that you respect other patrons of the market that might not choose to socialize with your leashed companions.
- Small bills make it easy for the vendors to give you change. Bringing along a few coins doesn’t hurt either. And many vendors now take credit cards.
- Just in case you forget to bring cash with you, there is an ATM at the market.
- Our Winter Market starts with an Opening Bell at 10 am and runs until 12 noon. Vendors are not allowed to sell before the Bell.
- The busiest times of the Saturday Main Season Market are between 9:30-11:00 am. Get there early for the best selection (especially if you have something in particular you really want), or come after 11:00 am to avoid the rush.
- Don’t like the hustle and bustle of the Saturday Market? The Wednesday Seasonal Market during warmer months is laid back and has a similar selection to the Saturday Market plus some special treats only found on Wednesdays.
- Ask plenty of questions: How is it grown? How do you cook it? Who has a certain kind of product? Our vendors love getting to know their customers and are happy to share details about their goods. If you have a question that a specific vendor can’t answer, just go to the info table – we’re here to help!