We are located at the Pavilion at Durham Central Park. See a map & directions. Below are our hours:
- Main Season Market: Saturdays from 8 am-12 pm (April 7 through November 17, 2018)
- Winter Market: Saturdays from 10 am-12 pm (December 1, 2018 through March 30, 2019)
- Mid-Week Market: Wednesday from 3-6 pm (April 18 through October 10, 2018)
We are sure you’ll have a great time at the Durham Farmers’ Market and we thought we’d share a few tips that can help ensure the best possible experience:
- Even though we have a roof over our heads, the market is an outdoor event, so you can expect all kinds of weather, from early-morning frost to blazing heat, so dress accordingly.
- Want to use your SNAP/EBT card at the market? Come to the info table located in the center of the Pavilion and a staff member will happily assist you!
- Don’t get dehydrated! There is always fresh water available in the Pavilion’s bathrooms. If you need a cup, don’t hesitate to ask for one at the info table.
- On Saturdays, parking is available in the Measurement Inc. lot just above the market (where the market used to be held) as well as in the lots on Foster Street and on Corporation Street at the Old Ballpark.
- Don’t forget to bring your bags! Sturdy shopping bags or baskets will help you carry your purchases back to your ca and we recommend something with a shoulder strap to free up your hands. After all, you’re going to want to use those hands to pick out exactly the produce you want.
- No pets in the market, please! There is plenty of space outside the market area in Durham Central Park to socialize with your four-legged friends!
- Small bills make it easy for the vendors to give you change. Bringing along a few coins doesn’t hurt either.
- Just in case you forget to bring cash with you, there is an ATM at the market.
- The busiest times of the Saturday Market are between 9:30-11:00 am. Get there early for the best selection (especially if you have something in particular you really want), or come after 11:00 am to avoid the rush.
- Don’t like the hustle and bustle of the Saturday Market? The Wednesday Market is laid back and has a similar selection to the Saturday Market plus some special treats only found on Wednesdays.
- Ask plenty of questions: How is it grown? How do you cook it? Who has a certain kind of product? Our vendors love getting to know their customers and are happy to share details about their goods. If you have a question that a specific vendor can’t answer, just go to the info table – we’re here to help!