We hope you’ll bundle up and join us at the market tomorrow morning! The temperature will drop on Sunday through early next week so it’s the perfect time to warm up your house with soup. With all of the root veggies and vibrant greens available right now, there’s no wrong way to prepare a hearty soup for your family. Share your favorite recipes with us or check out the simple chicken noodle soup recipe below.
Also, don’t forget to do your holiday shopping at the farmers’ market. We have perfect gifts for everyone on your list. And check out our neighbors at the Durham Craft Market and the Art Market at Vega Metals. Thank you for shopping local this holiday season!
What’s for dinner?
Chicken Noodle Soup
This favorite family meal is perfect for a cold weekend spent indoors. Make your soup extra special (and nutritious) by picking up the ingredients at the farmers’ market.
- 1/2 cup diced onion or 1 bunch chopped scallions
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 7 cups chicken stock
- 6 ounces pasta (your choice!)
- 6 ounces of cooked shredded chicken
- Check out this link & enjoy!