We hope you all kick-off a beautiful Fall weekend with a visit to the farmers’ market with your families! We have several exciting upcoming events so be sure to market your calendars for the following:
- Service Project with NC Warn and the Durham County 4-H Club on October 13
- Vendor Halloween Costume Contest on October 27
- Our First Annual Silent Auction on November 10. Trust us, this is an event that you don’t want to miss!
And don’t forget to check out Strong Arm Baking, our new Guest Vendor who will be joining us on Saturday mornings.
On October 13, join Durham County 4-H and NC WARN as we come together to assemble flood buckets and hygiene kits for our NC family affected by Hurricane Florence. The supplies will be taken to Wilmington, Lumberton and other areas in the Eastern part of our state. Cooperative Extension centers in those areas will distribute the supplies to families who are recovering from the storm. We will provide the 5 gallon buckets and Ziploc bags. We need YOU to provide the following NEW items in their original packaging to help fill our buckets:
- Travel sized toiletries, including toothbrush/toothpaste, soap, shampoo, deodorant, shaving cream/razors, combs and washcloths
- Scouring pads, scrub brushes and all-purpose sponges
- Dish detergent
- Household cleaners
- 33 galloon trash bags
- Heavy-duty gloves
- Dust masks
- Eyeglass protectors
- Terry towels
Donations can be dropped off prior to October 13 at the Durham County Co-operative Extension Office, which is located at 721 Foster Street in downtown Durham. Or you can bring your donations to the Info Table at the market any time. Thank you for your generosity!
Finally, as a reminder, below is our market schedule:
- Wednesday Market ends on October 10. Don’t miss your last chance to pick up your mid-week groceries!
- Saturday Main Season Market runs through November 17 from 8:00 am-12:00 pm.
- Pre-Thanksgiving Holiday Market will be held on Tuesday, November 20 from 3:00-5:00 pm. The Saturday Market will be closed on November 24.
- Saturday Winter Market begins on December 1 from 10:00 am-12:00 pm.