We hope your first week of 2019 has been lovely! While most of us cannot believe it’s already a new year, we’re ready to set goals and embrace the surprises that 2019 will bring us. If one of your goals is to take better care of yourself and live a healthier life, the farmers’ market is the perfect place to start. Every Saturday you have the opportunity to engage with your community and share meaningful conversations with your neighbors. You also can purchase the healthiest and freshest food in town directly from your local farmers. Feeling stuck in a rut with recipes? Chat with our vendors as they can share tips for their favorite meals with you. We hope visiting the farmers’ market helps you work toward some of your goals this year and we look forward to seeing you every Saturday.
What’s for dinner?
Rosemary roasted butternut squash!
This simple dish has great flavors and warmth for these dark winter evenings – perfect for any dinner or a side dish. Serves 4.
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into small cubes
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1.5 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, toss ingredients together until evenly coated with oil and herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place evenly on a non-stick baking sheet and roast until tender, about 30 minutes.