Celebrate Earth Day by supporting local, sustainable, earth-happy foods and goods at the Farmers Market!
It’s always the right time to ask ourselves what ‘going green’ means, and how we can participate in protecting the environment and its people. In big ways and small ways, we can change our habits and help provide a healthy, bright future for our community and beyond. We are grateful for all the ways that customers like you help support local, environment-conscious producers and creators, which can make a big difference in waste and emissions reduction, as well as create a sustainable farmer-to-consumer food system.
Here are just a few highlights of sustainability at work: Chocolatay Confections uses fair trade chocolate and compostable packaging when creating their delicious chocolates and treats you see at market every week. MoonDance Soaps and Sundries reduces their packaging by providing many of their products without plastic (or any!) packaging, and by growing compostable Luffa plants for their soap scrubbers. And with our market partnership with The ReCollective, every week this month you can come to market to learn about new ways to reduce waste by giving hard-to-recycle items a new life and keep them out of the landfill. Find ReCo at the market this week as they hold a special community plastic drop off!
Click the newsletter link below to find out who else is coming to market this week, and ask them how they are working to go a little more green. Happy Earth Day, Durham! You’re looking beautiful today.
* Enjoy Market Music by local singer songwriter, Remona Jeannine!
* The Poetry Fox is back! Catch him and his typewriter for a personalized, live-written poem!
* Celebrate Earth Day with The ReCollective team at their community partner booth, and get started recollecting! Find out what else they are up to this Earth Month HERE
News & Events
* Sprouts Club returns to Wednesday Afternoon Market! Find us every week from 3-6pm through Mid-October at Durham Central Park. Bring the kids for fun activities like plant starting, earth science projects, smoothie making, and more. PLUS, every Sprouts Club Kid who participates will receive Sprouts Club Bucks to spend on tasty foods at market!
* This weekend, April 22-23, many of your favorite vendors are participating in the Carolina Farm Stewardship Association Farm Tour, with guided farm tours, farm fresh meals, and products available on site. Find more information about participating farms HERE
Want to find out what else your local farmers are bringing to the market this week? Check out this week’s Newsletter! https://conta.cc/3KPqcd8
When: Saturday, April 22nd, 8am – 12pm
Where: The Pavilion at Durham Central Park / 501 Foster Street