Spend the beautiful last weekend of April with us!
We’ve seen it all this month, lots of warm sun, lots of rain to feed our plants and soils, and even a few nerve wracking thunderstorms and floods. As we wrap us this April together, we are grateful for a wonderful start to our Main Season Saturday and Wednesday hours and for all your patronage despite the April showers! We look forward to celebrating May flowers and all that our last full month of Spring has in store for us.
There was a whole bunch of goodness to celebrate this month! Here are just a few highlights:
* The beginning of Main Season! We celebrated the return of our 4 hour Saturday Market on April 1st, and the return of Wednesday Afternoon Markets on April 19th. We’ve had a great line up of new and returning vendors at both markets, and it’s been a joy to be back at it full time!
* The Piedmont Farm Tour was a success! It took place last weekend, and provided community members all across the region a chance to spend some time with many of our vendors out on their farms, learn about their farming techniques, and pick up some tasty meals and products. Thanks to all who joined!
* Kids Sprouts Club returned to Wednesday Market! After a couple years on hiatus, Sprouts Club is officially back at market, and it has been so fun to see how many kids have excitedly participated in our educational activities and enjoyed picking up their Market Bucks to spend on fresh, locally grown foods. Thanks to our generous community sponsors who help make this a possibility!
* Earth Month 2023 – we celebrated all month long with our friends at The ReCollective who brought new and exciting ways to recycle and go green every week.
* Fruits, veggies, and flowers galore! With the return of our beloved vendors who tend their farms during the winter market season, we have seen some of our favorite varieties of fruits and veggies pop back up at market for the season. Tomatoes, asparagus, strawberries, plant starts, and native bedding plants lead the charge, with more delicious goodies to follow as we gallop through spring toward summer.
* Enjoy Market Music by the toe-tappin’ bluegrass band, The Carolina Cutups!
* The Poetry Fox is back! Catch him and his typewriter for a personalized, live-written poem!
News & Events
* Something for the Kids – Sprouts Club returns to Wednesday Afternoon Market! Find us every week from 3-6pm through Mid-October at Durham Central Park. Bring the kids for fun activities like plant starting, earth science projects, smoothie making, and more. PLUS, every Sprouts Club Kid who participates will receive Sprouts Club Bucks to spend on tasty foods at market.
Want to find out what else your local farmers are bringing to the market this week? Check out this week’s Newsletter! https://conta.cc/3Az6uO4
When: Saturday, April 29th, 8am – 12pm
Where: The Pavilion at Durham Central Park / 501 Foster Street