It’s a great day to shop local! See you at the market!
This weekend’s weather may be unpredictable, but one thing is for sure – it’s going to be a beautiful day at the market! With a 55 vendor line up this weekend, we’ll have everything you need for a great weekend and beyond. From handcrafted soaps to summer produce and local pastured raised meats and cheeses, here’s a glimpse at the diversity of products on offer:
Tomato Day 2023
Come celebrate our favorite queen of summer at Tomato Day, next Saturday, July 22nd!
- Tomato Tastings: red, purple, yellow, green, heirloom slicers, cherry tomatoes…taste the rainbow & find new favorite varieties
- The Spicy Hermit is bringing Virgin Bloody Marys to sample!
- Vote for the Best Tomato ~ cast your vote & see who will wear the tomato queen crown for best tomato!
- Chef’s Table ~ Jenna from Blackbird Cookbooks will be here at the chef’s table sampling a delicious recipe highlighting this flavorful veggie (*ahem* fruit!)
- Activities ~ Join our craft table for a fun tomato themed activity!
- And, of course, pick up your very own Tomato Day T-Shirt & rock the queen of summer all year long!
Reuse Drive with the ReCollective
This Saturday, our friends at the ReCo will be holding a reuse drive, collecting takeout utensils! The collected utensils will be repurposed in partnership with Trosa. Stop by to say hi and join in! What to bring:
- Unopened utensils and cutlery (still in the plastic wrap or box) including silverware sets
- Spoons, forks, knives and napkins
- Utensils made of plastic, wood, or compostable materials
Market Music: Old North State Jam!
The folks of Old North State Jam join us this week with live market music that will sure to entertain! Find them online HERE
This Week’s Recipe: Mustardy Chicken (or Turkey) Salad with Radishes and Cornichons, by Susan Van Eyck
This week’s recipe comes from market customer, Susan, featuring chicken or turkey, veggies, and fresh baked bread that you can find at the farmers market! Thanks Susan! You can find the recipe in this week’s newsletter HERE
Want to find out what else your local farmers are bringing to the market this week? Check out this week’s Newsletter! https://conta.cc/3Ob97gG
When: Saturday, July 15th, 8am – 12pm
Where: The Pavilion at Durham Central Park / 501 Foster Street