It’s officially June! And the market is full of fruits and veggies, showing us the coming of summer!
The month of June might be one of our favorites at the market. It’s hard to choose, every month is brings delicious surprises and there are plenty of year-round products to be build a full locally-sourced diet around. But the beginning of June holds that special time when it’s not quite so hot and humid, and yet late spring and early summer fruits and veggies abound. This week, we are excited to welcome blueberries and blackberries to market, while last season strawberries are still grace the tables. We also spotted sweet and hot peppers, yellow summer squash, green zucchini of multiple varieties, cherry and plumb tomatoes, while greens like kale, chard, fennel, green onions, and more spring produce are still here.
We hope you’ll join us to find some old and new favorites this season, and to find out just how many weekly staples can be found at market. Tempeh falafel balls; a variety of kimchi; flours, grits and cereals; ciders and natural wines; teas and medicinal tinctures; yogurt; soft and hard aged cheeses; locally and humanely raised meats and eggs; ready-to-eat meals, and the list goes on.
We’re grateful to be a part of the Durham community, every week. Thank you for shopping with us!
In case you missed it, check out this week’s recipe for Savory Stir Fried Garlic Scapes, in the Wednesday Newsletter!
Market Map, June 3rd
* Enjoy live music by the crowd pleasin’ Old North State Jam!
* The Poetry Fox is back with custom, live written poems
* Visit the folks of The Recollective at their community partner booth to find out more about their services for hard-to-recycle items. There are so many exciting reusable/sustainable initiatives to learn about!
* The Running of the Bulls 8k race is this weekend! Be sure to check out their website HERE to course maps and the best way to make it to market!
* Save the Date! 2nd Annual Durham Bee Day, Saturday June 24th
* National Pollinator Week, June 19th-25th
Want to find out what else your local farmers are bringing to the market this week? Check out this week’s Newsletter! https://conta.cc/42lLANY
When: Saturday, May 27th, 8am – 12pm
Where: The Pavilion at Durham Central Park / 501 Foster Street