Are you planning to watch the Super Bowl this weekend? Whether or not you’re a football fan, we hope your weekend is filled with quality time with family and friends. Below are simple suggestions for a game-day meal or a family potluck:
- Cheese and crackers. Need we say more? We have several delicious cheese vendors ready to share their savory treats with you on Saturday.
- Salsa. Did we mention how much we love our farmers and admire their dedication? Because of their hard work, you can enjoy greenhouse-grown tomatoes in the dead of winter, which you can easily turn into the perfect salsa! Or check out prepared jars of salsa from our vendors.
- Looking for something a little more interesting? Whip up some beet hummus and serve your favorite seasonal veggies, such as carrots, on the side.
- It’s easy to quickly prepare deviled eggs using pasture-raised eggs. Yum!
- Want something a little more filling? Pick up any type of meat from our vendors for a hearty meal. It’s a great time to break out your crock pot and brew a delicious chili.
- Don’t forget your drinks! We have you covered with kombucha, mead, beer and more.
Our list can go on and on. Support your local food producers and our Durham community through your Super Bowl food choices this weekend and enjoy the delicious flavors of winter.