This has been a sad week for our Durham community. Our hearts are with everyone impacted by the tragic accident and the first responders who diligently worked to ensure the safety of our community. Please join us in Durham’s backyard on Saturday for comfort, conversation and time with your neighbors at Durham Central Park. In the meantime, check out this comprehensive list from Discover Durham regarding fundraising efforts for those impacted by the accident.
As a reminder, we’re operating on our Main Season Market hours of 8:00 am-noon. Vendors returned to their regular spots so if you have trouble finding your favorite vendor, swing by the Info Table and we’re happy to tell you where they’re located. Don’t forget that the Wednesday Market kicks off this week so join us to re-stock on your mid-week groceries every Wednesday from 3:00-6:00 pm.
Hopefully you’ve seen the Compost Now bins at the market. We’re happy to announce that waste recovery will be provided by Gather Green and Compost Now. If you enjoy a tasty treat at the market, be sure to compost any items you can in these containers. Let’s continue making progress toward becoming a zero-waste market!
Finally, please mark your calendars for our 20th anniversary kickoff celebration next Saturday, April 20. Chan Little from The 360 Approach will host a family field day on the market lawn. There will be events for kids and adults and everyone is encouraged to get involved in this fun event.
Wednesday, April 17
- The opening day of the Wednesday Market from 3:00-6:00 pm. Hooray for re-stocking your favorite local food at the mid-week market!
Saturday, April 20
- Join us as we kickoff our 20th anniversary celebration with a family field day hosted by Chan Little of The 360 Approach.
- Celebrate Earth Day and join our efforts to become a zero-waste market! Pick-up a free reusable canvas tote bag on the market lawn to use all season. If you have extra canvas totes at home, please bring those to share with others in our community.
Saturday, April 27-28
- Mark your calendars for CFSA’s Annual Piedmont Farm Tour. You can purchase your buttons and pick up a map at the Info Table.
Saturday, May 4
- Celebrate local, pasture-raised meat at our chef cook-off hosted with Got to Be NC from 9:00-11:00 am.