With all the beautiful produce at the market right now, it’s the perfect time of the year to make a variety of salsas. What’s your favorite recipe? Post it on Instagram using #DFMLove and share the recipe with our community!
Corn & Black Bean Salsa
- 3 Ears Sweet Corn
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 5 Tomatoes
- 1-2 Peppers
- 2 Avocados
- 1/2 Medium Onion
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup Cilantro
- If you prefer cooked corn, shuck the corn and boil for 3 minutes. Once cooled, cut the kernels off the cob.
- Combine the corn and beans into a medium sized bowl.
- Dice the onion, pepper, avocados and tomatoes then mix them in the bowl.
- Chop the cilantro finely and mix that in with the salt. Squeeze fresh lime juice over the top. Add more salt and lime to taste.
- Gently stir all ingredients together and enjoy with your favorite chips or veggies!
Are you traveling this weekend? Don’t forget you can re-stock on local groceries at the Wednesday Market every week from 3-6 pm.
Wednesdays (through August 14)
- Calling all kiddos! Join us every Wednesday afternoon for the Sprouts Kid’s Club. After you complete a free activity, you’ll earn $3 in Sprouts Club Bucks to spend on fresh fruits and veggies. We can’t wait to see you at the market!
Saturday, August 10
- Celebrate National Farmers’ Market Week!