What crazy weather we’ve had this month! Rain and above-average temperatures certainly present their own set of challenges for our farmers. Chat with your vendors tomorrow and learn how they’re doing this growing season. We love our customers year-round but we’re particularly grateful when you bundle up and join us in rainy weather. Thank you for your support and we’ll see you tomorrow!
What’s for Dinner?
Roasted Carrot-Apple Soup
This soup will warm your soul during the rainy weather. You can add chicken or your favorite meat to this recipe, and don’t forget to serve with your favorite farmers’ market bread.
- 10 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 2 apples, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place carrot, onion and apple on a baking dish, drizzle with olive oil, and toss.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until all veggies are tender. Stir the veggies every 15 minutes.
- Blend all remaining ingredients together until completely smooth. Enjoy!