Happy National Pollinators Week!
What better way to kick off the first official week of summer than to celebrate all things bees, and learn about these important, life-sustaining pollinators! Join us this Saturday for the 2nd Annual Durham Bee Day, and kick off the celebrations with us TODAY at Wednesday Afternoon Market!
Vendors This Week
Bull City Farm
Hua Nong Ecorganic Farm
Hurtgen Meadows Farm
Ninth Street Bakery
Strong Arm Bakery
Tulip Poplar Honey
Wild Scallions Farm
Durham Bee Day – This Saturday, June 24th, 9am-12pm
Come celebrate all things bees and pollinators!
- Join us for a short reading of the Durham Bee City USA proclamation
- March in the Bee Parade
- Talk with a Master Gardener
- Paint your own flower pot and plant your own sunflower to take home
- Visit the Keep Durham Beautiful table to learn more about ways to care for our environment & protect our pollinators
- Learn all about beekeeping and enjoy some honey tasting with the Durham Beekeepers
- Take home free lip balm, thanks to Burt’s Bees
- Take a self-guided tour through Durham Central Park’s gardens & play Pollinator Bingo
- Enjoy a special live market music performance by Old North State Jam
Thanks to Keep Durham Beautiful, Durham Beekeepers Association, Bee City USA, Durham Master Gardeners, Toxic Free NC, NC Wildlife Federation, City of Durham, and Durham Central Park for making it all happen!
This week at the Sprouts Club Kids table, we are kicking off our National Pollinators Week activities! Want to put your mark on the Bee Day Parade banner? Stop by anytime from 3-6pm to help us decorate this year’s banner (and come back on Saturday to march with us in the parade!) and make a bee headband or crown!
This Week’s Recipe: Honey Roasted Heirloom Potatoes
This week, in honor of Bee Day and all of our wonderful beekeepers, we’re highlighting a tasty recipe using honey! You can pick up a jar today at Tulip Poplar Honey and experiment with so many different recipes online that utilize this flavorful sweetener – everything from the Bees Knees cocktail to scrumptious honey cakes. This drizzly first week of summer, we chose a comforting and hearty dish: honey roasted heirloom potatoes courtesy of Taste of Home magazine. Enjoy!
Enjoy live music by Stephan Hermann!
Want to find out what else is coming to the market this week? Check out this week’s Newsletter! https://conta.cc/3NBs2Rr
When: Wednesday, June 21st, 3pm – 6pm
Where: The Pavilion at Durham Central Park / 501 Foster Street